Thursday, July 22, 2010

You Must Try This Despite the Name


Over the weekend a friend was telling me about a great dessert she makes.

Me, always in for a good recipe says, sure what is it?

She is describing tasty goodness to me and I ask what is it called? She says the first time she smelled it at a friend's house (amazing) her friend told her she could not tell her the name until after she ate it.

But this was not going to be the case but before she told me she did tell me how much EVERYONE loves this new dessert she is making ALL THE TIME NOW (and so is her mom ;) ).

Ok

Are You Ready?


DUMP CAKE


Yes I said it, Dump Cake!

So EASY AND SO GOOD.

Here we go:

2 Cans of Cherry Filling (21 oz cans)
**Some recipes I looked up called for 1 can Cherry and 1 can Pineapple - not so into pineapple so went with double cherry - but you could probably use any filling - next time**
1 box of vanilla cake mix (my friend uses white cake mix but I used Vanilla)
2 Sticks of butter

Preheat oven to 350. Dump cans of filling into greased 9 x 13 PYREX baking dish (do not spread). Sprinkle cake mix over the filling (do not spread, sprinkle). Cut butter up into little slices (I did teaspoon slices) and spread them out evenly over the cake mix. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour (looks golden and bubbly).

Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream. It is delish. Can you believe my kids even liked it? A dessert with fruit. It is almost cobbler like. YUMMY!

Enjoy it!

Zizette

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! How many cups are in 2 sticks of butter Ziz??

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh? I think 1 stick is a half of a cup. Maybe?
    So good I just had some. The chef says 2 sticks of butter are 1 cup.
    Zizette

    ReplyDelete