Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Promise

I did promise this year that at least once a week I would try a new recipe I have never made before so I did.

An Awesome Spinach-Artichoke Dip.

Now I always make that spinach dip from Knorr and it is so very tasty but I wanted to try to make the one like the restaurants.

And I did. It was pretty easy. I would add more cheese next time. We had so much extra since our company had to cancel but we found great ways to utilize this dip. (I ate it every day as a little snack - ;) but don't tell anyone). Hubby put it in top of his chicken cutlets that I made.

I used a recipe from one my favorite gals, Paula Deen.

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip

  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
  • Directions

    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.

    Heat the spinach in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes and squeeze dry. Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop in a food processor.

    Combine all the ingredients except the jack cheese in a large bowl. Stir well. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the jack cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm over a low flame. Serve with bagel chips.

    I also served it with pita chips my husband made. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have made this Ziz and we love it! I have served it with pita chips too and crackers.

    ReplyDelete