Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Keeping Busy

I have been super motivated to be crafty.  Some in part to my general crafty nature and part to the wonderful inspiring ladies I have been following through blogging.  In the past few weeks I have embellished clothing, made magnets and started treasure hunting for new projects I have in mind.  

I know I will have some time during my summer break as I work in a Day Camp and run a department called The Design Center.  I am so excited for this summer.  Last summer was my first, so I ordered all my projects late in the game.  This year, I had time to plan things out.  See crafts from all over and see what I could do with the girls that come to me (girls after all are the only ones who want to attend an activity called The Design Center).

Every project I do is based on photos.  The girls go out and take pictures with a few digital cameras and then do a project based on that photo or photos.  We have done canvas bags, scrapbooks, memory boxes, etc.  This year I am able to incorporate some paperweights, magnets, canvas bags, other types of decoupage frames and boxes so I am very excited.  I have always felt that I wanted the kids to bring home something meaningful and not "crap."  Last year I did charm bracelets so this year I tried to get lots of good beads and such to incorporate into funky frames, boxes and whatever else may suit my fancy.

I decided to originally go back to working at camp to divert the cost of sending my kids there and because I loved going to this camp myself.  I always told myself anytime I felt like i hated it or it wasn't for me I would not come back for a second year.  Well, obviously I enjoyed it and I am going back.  I am very excited for this and I am looking forward to it.

I'll keep you posted and maybe someday I will open my own Etsy shop.  I have too many ideas and I just have to start doing them.

1 comment:

  1. i loved camp growing up....how fun for you.
    and yes...an etsy shop would be fun and fab!!

    ReplyDelete