Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holiday Cooking


I love cooking.

I love cooking for other people.

The holidays are an opportunity for that.

But

We always attend dinners at our family's houses (one night his and one night mine).

This year my parents are away - no problem.

So I decided to make a dinner for my family.

I saw a friend in the store (actually her husband - he does the shopping) and asked what they were doing, they had no plans for the second night. I invited them to come over.

She called me back and we made a plan.

I love having friends over.

So, here's my menu:

Brisket
Turkey Breast (have to have variety)
Matzoh Ball Soup
Apple Matzoh Kugel
Charoset (gonna try something new from here)
Matzoh Crunch
Chocolate Covered Macaroons

The Brisket is cooking now. Recipe is easy-peasy.

Brisket

Onion soup mix
Ketchup
Onions
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix onion soup mix and ketchup to paste like consistency. Cut onion into rings and lay on bottom of pan. Lay brisket on top of onions and rub paste all over it. Put in the oven, covered. Cook 2-3 hours or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool. When it becomes room temperature slice against the grain and put back into the pan (with the onions and juices). Refrigerate or freeze. Reheat when ready to serve. The longer it sits the better it tastes.

I will let you know as to what I make next.

Zizette

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- that sounds yummy and what a great plan! Made brisket for the first time ever at Christmas and it was delish! Your recipe sounds great, I will be jotting that down!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete