Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Summer To Be

I am fortunate enough to be able to have summers off since I work in the school system.  So, I choose to work in a day camp that I went to as a kid and a camp that I send my children to.  Last year was my first summer there and I was given the Area called The Design Center.  At first I was a bit hesitant since I would love to scrapbook and such but never really did a lot of it. But they had faith in my (and I myself) and it was awesome!  I was paired with another woman who it was also her first year (previous year she was in the office).  We had a really good time.  It also gave me a chance to find out what actually works and doesn't.  

Yesterday I had to go in to prepare.  Unpack all of my boxes of supplies that I ordered (so much fun, like Christmas, opening all of the boxes, seeing the stuff I actually ordered months ago, reminded of all the crafts I had thought about for these children), put it away and organized.  My partner in crime is a little OCD, by her own admission and she is terrified of all sorts of bugs (we are in the middle of the woods by the way) so it makes for an interesting day.  We had a good time.  Carmela last year would always ask for things I didn't have for let's say the decorate me memory boxes and I kept that in mind this year when ordering, everytime I opened a box with something I knew she would like I would say, "I know you will love this." She was shrieking with joy.  What a happy day.   

The Area I am includes the girls (they only come to me) take pictures, come back and do a craft with those pictures.  I wanted my stuff to be quality.  This year we will be doing magnets, paperweights, boxes, scrapbooks and so much more.  I am so excited.

A little of this
We have a few of these
We'll do some of these

We'll use some of these

And the best part is that everyone is there cleaning their areas, so a lot of purging of old supplies is being done.  I got some cool tine buckets, pins, and crayola digital cameras for the kids.  I have an awesome idea for the tins but will show you later today after I purchase two things I need to complete the project.

I am so excited for this summer.

4 comments:

  1. I wish i was as excited as you!
    sounds like it's going to be a fabulous summer...
    i remember camp quite vivedly.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I know how much you enjoyed last year and I bet this year is going to be even better!
    Have a fabulous Sunday~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I think they picked just the right person to do this.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those children are SO lucky to have you....can't wait to hear more about the wonderful things you do. It is great hearing your enthusiasm for it :)

    ReplyDelete