Sunday, July 12, 2009

Perfect Places

This time last year we found our dream home.  We were looking for two years and while we had the usual list of wants I always wanted to live on a street like this



And we were lucky enough to find a street like that and I love it.  It is actually three blocks away from my parents and I sort of secretly hoped to live on the street I live on.  It is tree lined, family friendly and just so nice.  My backyard is surrounded by trees, which is very nice.  While I grew up in the town I live in now I also grew up in Southern California and obviously where I lived there really were no trees like here in the Northeast.  I always loved the tree lined streets in all the movies, to me they represented something, and no I do not have a white picket fence.  My street doesn't even have a sidewalk!  And I actually live on a street in my town where the mailman has to walk up to the door to deliver my mail rather than stop at the end of the driveway, I was told we were "grandfathered" in to that "old fashioned" service.

Have a great day....



2 comments:

  1. I never knew that about your street....you learn something new every day! How lovely - love those photos and the fact that it doesn't have a sidewalk......I'm so happy that you love where you live.....please pray for me that I too am in that situation by this time next year!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved street like this too Ziz and the older homes that are on them.

    ReplyDelete