Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Want To Build Something

So, my plan to have the counter put up in my house went down in flames, for the moment.  As I pondered over the idea of the counter I thought of other things that I may like and I thought about a simple wood table the same length of the would be counter just wood, and built by me.  How hard could it be?  I think I want something simple like 3 six inch planks put together and then a simple 3 inch trim with counter height legs.  Sounds good right?  Sounds inspiring, right?  Sounds Crazy, right?  I want to do it and I am going to figure out how.  BUT, should I perhaps start with something smaller?  Most people would say yes.  Then I got to thinking, maybe I would start with a vanity table.  I really want one for the the nook/dormer spot in my bedroom that is SCREAMING, "VANITY HERE!!!!!"  I have been thinking of something for that spot and can never find something to fit my budget.
It would be pretty cool.  I thought about something along the lines of Pottery Barn like this


Or something like this from Crate and Barrel.
I was thinking of something with the cross legs or the legs that are used holding wood when cutting, I think they are called horse something.  They look like a V upside down.  SO I will research this one out.

On another note, I am almost finished with something I am working on for my Etsy shop.
(Any thoughts or ideas for my tables would be appreciated and welcomed)

No comments:

Post a Comment