Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fasting = Feast


I am fasting today as part of my religion. While this may be my least favorite holiday obligation it is sort of my favorite holiday.

I love the "Break Fast" food.

All my faves bagels, cream cheese, lox, whitefish oh the list goes on and we traditionally break it first by having an nice Bloody Mary. That's the way we roll in my house.

Years ago I made an egg salad. No biggie but it has now become a MUST HAVE at our table. I know I am making it but a few nights ago, late by my standards (9:30) my step mother calls and says, "you are making egg salad, right? Hugh and Jeannette are coming over and you know how they love your egg salad." To which I replied, "absolutely, how could I not?"

So, this am while I am fasting I will make the egg salad.

Zee's Fab.U.Lous Egg Salad (at least to my peeps it is)

1 dozen Large Eggs
2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayo (more or less to your liking)
2 Tablespoons finely chopped Capers
1 Tablespoons finely chopped Shallot
1 Squirt of Dijon Mustard (again more or less to your liking)
2 Teaspoons finely chopped Tarragon

Place eggs in pot with 1 inch of water covering, once water is boiling cover for 1 minute then turn off water and let covered pot sit for 15 minutes. Prep other ingredients. Remove eggs from water and put into ice water bowl to cool. Peel and cut eggs, separating whites and yolks. Chop whites. Mash egg yolks and mayo. Combine all ingredients. Serve on top of a salad or your favorite bread.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy ~ this is a fav here and your recipe looks delish! Have fun eating all of your "Break Fast" foods! xo

    ReplyDelete