Saturday, December 5, 2009

Passed Up Opportunities

I could kick myself. You see in the past month I have seen some pieces of furniture that I thought to myself, "hey I could do something with that." But I was either too embarrassed to jump out of the car and grab it of the end of a driveway or I thought I'll get it tomorrow. Well, you know what? They were gone! The piece on a neighbor's driveway I figured would be there at the end of the day (it wasn't The bulk pick up day) and a piece at my school was so bad looking I waited until the next morning. I asked for it and was told by the receptionist I could have but was called a few minutes later to be told it was already promised to someone else.

Why did I not take them when I saw them?

Was it because they looked so shabby I thought. "what would those people think of me?"

Who cares? If they are giving it away, why shouldn't I get it? Doesn't the saying go, "Someone's trash is someone else's treasure."

I guess from now I need to jump on it. The same way I did with the desk from Home Goods. I used to say, "Oh let me think about it and then boom it would be gone. No more, if I want it I will grab it. If it doesn't work or I change my mind I will return it.

So, ladies learn from my lesson, if you want it take it.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I have also learned that the hard way Ziz ~ but I have also gotten something too quickly and had buyers remorse later. Now I try to have happy medium and choose which things to snatch up quickly and which ones to leave for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I have done the same thing. Saw something I loved and didn't take it at that time and lost out. My rule of thumb now is, if I L-O-V-E it, then buy/take it.

    There will be other things...so next time you'll be prepared!

    Have a great day!

    xoxoxox,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete