Saturday, May 22, 2010

Re-living the Past

Well circa 19XX I was an all-star softball player.

Really, I was, actually I was an All Star Pitcher.

Years have gone by and I have played softball with friends and such but honestly I would say I have not played in at least 15 years.

A few weeks ago I signed up for the parent vs teacher softball game at the elementary school. I always tell my kids how I have played but no one has ever seen me play.

Today we had our first practice.

I will feel it tomorrow.

BUT

I did hit the ball and each time I hit was better than the last.

I did catch the ball.

I did throw the ball.

All without embarrassing myself!

Sure, was I rusty - hell yeah.

But I did do it and it felt good.

I am excited, hopefully I do better at the next practice and then the game.

I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Ziz ~ you know all that matters is that you got out there and did it!! Have a blast at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! That is really something to go back to something that you loved when you have been away so long. I will send lots of good wishes your way that you are vertical and pain free tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! Not only did you sign up, but you kicked butt as well~
    bravo my friend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete