Monday, November 16, 2009

Rainbows



Today is my baby's birthday. At 10:10 am I gave birth to the most amazing person in my life. I cannot fathom life without him.

Nine days after my baby was born, my younger brother was killed in a car accident. Life was never the same and I sometimes cannot recall that first year of my baby's life, at least the bad stuff. He was my savior, my salvation.

Each year when this time comes around there is such happiness but also a deep sadness.

Today I saw a rainbow. I saw this rainbow a few days ago. I told my friend who thought it was weird since there had been no rain. I told her how I saw it a few days ago in the same place (which I drive EVERY day) and she said, "It may be your brother sending you a message." I felt good thinking that.

I miss him very much. He would have been an amazing adult. He was turning into something very wonderful and to lose him at such a young age is tragic. I think back to right to right about this time now and he was taking a picture with my new baby. That picture sits on my mantle and always will. I love him and miss him. Here's to you Mike. My mom set up a website in his honor. Here is Mike

He is actually holding my baby Sam in this picture.

Have a great night,
Zizette

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Zi......lovely to think too that in that photo he is holding Sammy....

    Where has eight years gone?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Simone ~ a very nice post ~ first for Sam's birthday and a tribute for Mike. xo

    ReplyDelete