Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I {heart} Flavor

I am always looking for a good recipe for Beef Stew.  I mean it is a simple type of meal but I {heart} flavor.  I want it in all my meals but something about comfort foods ScReAmS FLAVOR.  So this weekend I bought a big ole' package of beef cubed up in nice bite sized pieces.

I didn't look in the book, I winged it as you might say.

1 1/2 pounds beef, cubed
1 cup flour
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
garlic powder
1 medium onion
1/2 bag carrots
1-2 cups wine (Cabernet Sauvignon was on hand)
1 container beef stock (32 oz)
Olive oil

Heat Olive oil in a pot.  Season the flour with the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.  Cover the meat in flour and cook in pot until golden/brown on all sides.  Do not over crowd the eat in the pot, remove done pieces to plate while you cook remaining meat.  Add oil if needed.  You will see awesome pieces of goodness in the pot, leave them there it's all the flavor.  When all the meat is done, add wine and cook off - making sure to scrape all the goodness from the bottom and sides of pot (if need be add salt and pepper - it's okay you are adding stock soon so it won't be too salty).  Add onion, toss to coat in juices, sauce and cook for a minute or 2.  Then add the meat and again toss to coat and mix, let cook a minute or 2 and then add beef stock with the onion and beef mixture.  Cook on Medium with a cover on.  Add carrot after 5 minutes.  Still Cook until meat is tender.

This came out unbelievable.  The taste is awesome.  I found my goodness.

Enjoy. oh yeah, I took a slice of bread with a little bit of butter and dipped in the sauce from the pot before I cleaned it (put the meal in a container since we unexpectedly went to a movie premiere and didn't eat this for dinner) and it was great with the bread.  That is so exciting to me as I am a total dipper.

Zizette

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds really good! I love the wing it recipes. I am going to try this real soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete